Tuesday 23 April 2013

Peace.


Recent incidents around Bethany have had a big impact on the three of us volunteers.  As it is a confidential matter I’m not allowed to say much about it.  But for us it has been quite hard to come to terms and process the matter.  We love these kids to the end of the earth and back and do anything just to see them smile J

Recently I got sent a book of quotes inspiring peace.  I read it from time to time when I’m feeling down, missing home or a bit fed up of work.  It really helps me to focus on why I’m here and the passion I have for the work that I do.  My favourite quote has to be:

“I used to pray that God would feed the hungry, or do this or that, but now I pray that He will guide me to whatever I’m supposed to do, what I can do.  I used to pray for answers, but now I’m praying for strength.  I used to believe that pray changed things, but now I know that pray changes us – and we change things.” – Mother Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment